This is our catalog of courses. We will occasionally adjust the course listing to reflect the addition of new courses and the retirement of others.
Join professional actor Kevin O’Brien, known for his work in stage, television, and film, in this engaging, interactive literature course. Mr. O’Brien comes to class each day dressed as a different mythological character and presents the day’s lesson as that character. Sign up for Living Myths to learn the Christian message found in all mythology and find a new love for literature, all while having fun.
Mr. O’Brien will portray a different character from mythology in each class session. Hear Prometheus tell how he incurred the wrath of Zeus by stealing fire from the heavens and giving it to Man. Hear Theseus tell the tale of killing the Minotaur with the help of the beautiful Ariadne. Hear Aeneas tell the tale of the Trojan War. Hear Orpheus tell of his love for Eurydice and his descent into the underworld to save her. And even JRR Tolkien will make an appearance, explaining the Christian significance of all mythology.
1. Mr. O’Brien presents an Introduction to the Course.
2. Prometheus tells the story of how he stole fire from the heavens and incurred the wrath of Zeus.
3. Theseus tells the story of killing the awful Minotaur, with the help of the beautiful Ariadne.
4. Aeneas tells the tale of the Trojan War.
5. Orpheus tells of his love for Eurydice and his descent into the underworld to save her.
6. JRR Tolkien talks about Mythology in general and how all myths point to Christ.
Homework: Daily assignments will consist of computer-generated quizzes for immediate feedback, and a final reflection or essay graded by Mr. O’Brien. Homework should take no more than half an hour per day outside of class time.