This is our catalog of courses. We will occasionally adjust the course listing to reflect the addition of new courses and the retirement of others. 

Recorded HS
Jesus Christ: Icon of God (Christology)

Dive into Christology, the study of the person and work of Jesus Christ! A biblical understanding of Jesus Christ is crucial and this course will take you through a deep study of the Second Person of the Trinity.

Total classes: 8

Prerequisite: None

Suggested grade level: 9th to 10th grade (older students are welcome if they’re interested in the subject!)

Suggested credit: One full semester Theology or Christology


Welcome to Mr. Creavey’s 8-session Christology course! The purpose of this course is to introduce students to Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity and the living Word of God, on a more thorough and intimate level. To do so, we will explore Jesus, his person and mission, through some of the most key images he used to describe himself in Scripture. As they come to a clearer image of who Jesus is, and perhaps equally important, who he is not, students will hopefully develop a better understanding of who Our Lord is calling them to be in the Church and in the world.


Class 1: Course Introduction & “Christology”
Class 2: The Son of Man
Class 3: The Word of God
Class 4: The Great Physician
Class 5: The King of Kings
Class 6: The Lamb of God
Class 7: The Case for Jesus Discussion
Class 8: Course Conclusion

Materials and Homework

REQUIRED Course Materials:

The Holy Bible, preferably the Revised Standard Version, 2nd Catholic Edition (RSV-2CE) or the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE). NOTE: Both can be accessed online for free through bible.com/“YouVersion” phone app or by visiting biblegateway.com and selecting the desired translation from the dropbox menu. Students may use their own bibles if they choose, but course material will always reference one of the above translations.
The Case for Jesus: The Biblical and Historical Evidence for Christ by Dr. Brant Pitre, ISBN-13: 978-0385365932 (https://amzn.to/3kFD5sY)
Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0385508193 (https://amzn.to/3rcwJn5); also free online at http://ccc.usccb.org/flipbooks/catechism/index.html)
Various free online articles, PDFs, video and audio links may be shared by the instructor throughout the course.

For Your Consideration (i.e. NOT required or expected, but definitely worth checking out!):

To Know Christ Jesus by Frank Sheed, ISBN-13: 978-1601376497(https://amzn.to/3bW7HCd) – classic biography of Jesus by the renowned 20th Century Catholic apologist
Life of Christ by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, ISBN-13: 978-0385132206 (https://amzn.to/3e1DNze) – another outstanding biography of Jesus
Counterfeit Christs by Trent Horn, ISBN-13: 978-1683571162 (https://amzn.to/3bTHvZ3) – critique of some of the most popular misrepresentations of Jesus today, especially among young people.

Homework: Students should expect to read approximately 20-30 pages between each recorded class session (course texts as well as web-based readings) and they may occasionally be required to access brief online video and/or audio material. Prior to classes 2-6, students will be expected to view a pre-recorded 30-40 min. lecture from the instructor relating to the upcoming class session topic. 75% of the students’ grade will come from three short, objective, bi-weekly online quizzes covering material from vocabulary and class lectures. The remaining 25% will come from an essay exploring your thoughts on/reactions to Dr. Pitre’s book The Case for Jesus. More details on homework and grading will be provided during the first class.

Whether schooling one or many, Unlimited Access is the affordable way to have choices and give your students courses that fit exactly what you need.
Other Courses to Explore

Pin It on Pinterest