FAQ: Summer Classes for Catholic Students
Homeschool Connections offers two options for summer learning. 1) Live, interactive classes and 2) Recorded classes (Unlimited Access!). Following is a question we received about using Unlimited Access! over the summer.
Q: I’m considering using Unlimited Access! over the summer. What are the advantages and how do we get the most out of it.
A: As homeschoolers, we all know that education takes place all the time. Summer is a great time for learning with vacations, summer camps, and more. We can also continue scheduled lessons, although on a more casual basis.
- Keeping lessons fresh to save time on review in September
- Create a vibrant learning environment
- Give students a head start in new subjects
- Encourage a joy and desire to learn new things
Tips for using Unlimited Access! over the summer:
- Keep it simple. You can forgo homework and focus strictly on lectures
- Answer keys are supplied with most courses if you decide to do the homework and tests
- Try plugging your computer into the TV so the whole family can watch classes together
- Because classes are recorded, you can take them in the morning before summer activities or in the evening to wind down after summer fun
- Class times are totally flexible and up to you
- We recommend choosing shorter courses of 4 to 6 lectures for the summer
- Summer is a great time for life skills classes such as job search skills, test prep, and finances for teens.
- Literature and history courses are popular in the summer
- Look for “summer camps”. These are courses designed specifically to prepare students over the summer for upcoming fall classes (including math and Latin)
- You can take classes anyplace you can find an internet connection — hotels, libraries, and more
If you have questions about Homeschool Connections, please drop us an email at [email protected].